Initiatives of Change is a movement called to remake the world. We inspire, equip and connect people to take their first step in creating a just, equal, and sustainable society.
Through our unique approach, we have mobilised and empowered people to create personal change leading to global change for over 80 years. We are a faith-based charity that works inclusively with people of all faiths and none.
We work with individuals, groups and organisations to promote trust, ethical leadership and sustainable living. Through our initiatives, campaigns and a network of volunteers we are leading the fight to build stronger communities, a just, peaceful and equal society, a sustainable planet, and an ethical global economy, one step at a time.
Powerful and engaging content is critical in achieving our goals of growing our programmes, launching and establishing our new campaign empowering individuals to create change and increasing our brand awareness. We are seeking a creative individual who can transform the way we tell stories through high quality, emotional, authentic and creative content.
We are looking for someone who is willing to jobshare three days a week – Monday, Wednesday and Thursday (21 hours) until May 2022.
Digital content and social media
- Write and edit articles, blogs and thought leadership articles for the website.
- Research and write feature articles for our online magazine, Changemakers
- Manage a detailed plan and execution of weekly/monthly content schedules, monthly themes, content frequency & roll out of the content calendar
- Produce creative and inspiring content, such as animation, short videos and photos, to promote our events, programme announcements and other activities in line with organizational style/voice.
- Research, plan and coordinate a podcast series, Honest Conversations, on topics based on IofC UK’s strategic themes
- Manage and schedule content across all of the charity’s social media platforms using Hootsuite.
- Use insights and analytics to inform and adapt content styles
- Management of all creative assets including naming, storage, and maintenance of the usage rights of the related files
- Work with programme leads to deliver communications plans for each programme.
- Logistical support for internal teams planning IofC hosted events, including creating event flyers and promotion.
- Ensure brand consistency of all messaging, graphics and digital content across all communications channels
- Tech lead for events (on rotation)
- Enjoy working in a small team with multiple projects and priorities, able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Strong demonstrable experience of managing digital media production process, from planning to post-production, including but not limited to photography, video, and podcasts.
- Skilled in using Adobe Creative Suite for graphic design and media editing.
- Excellent writing skills, ideally with experience of feature writing, but also developing web and social copy
- Excellent journalistic skills in terms of proactively researching, identifying and chasing strong story leads to deliver engaging new content.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A strong news sense and the ability to turn complex messages into clear engaging copy
- Ability to work independently on your own initiative but also as part of a team.
- Experience of working in an inclusive faith-based charity
- Knowledge of peace and trust building
- Understanding the principles of image copyright and data protection
- Experience of working with a diverse range of people with varying knowledge of content needs.
Pay: £26,000 to £28,000 pro rata
Please send a CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the position as well as examples of published work to email@example.com. Must be eligible to work in the UK.