About IofC UK:
Initiatives of Change UK is a movement called to remake the world. We inspire, equip and connect people to take their first step in creating a just, equal, and sustainable society.
Through our unique approach, we have mobilised and empowered people to create personal change leading to global change for over 80 years. We are a faith-based charity that works inclusively with people of all faiths and none.
We work with individuals, groups and organisations to promote trust, ethical leadership and sustainable living. Through our initiatives, campaigns and a network of volunteers we are leading the fight to build stronger communities, a just, peaceful and equal society, a sustainable planet, and an ethical global economy, one step at a time.
This is an exciting year for IofC UK as we launch our new campaign, Take One Step. The ideal person will have a strategic mind to help shape the communications function to best serve the next phase of the organisation’s vision.
We are seeking a highly skilled and ambitious communications professional to join our team as Communications and Marketing Officer, at an exciting time, as we launch our new campaign – ‘Take One Step’.
The Communications and Marketing Officer will report to the Head of Communications and Marketing and will manage all of IofC UK’s communications and marketing functions. They will work collaboratively across the whole organisation to support the timely and effective delivery of regular and ad-hoc communications and marketing projects, as well as identifying future opportunities.
The Communications and Marketing Officer will have experience of delivering inspiring and creative communication plans working across media relations, campaigns, and digital communications and marketing. They will need to have some experience of planning and managing multiple projects and work with others in the organisation to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Organised, creative and articulate, you will be comfortable working as part of a small, committed team.
- Work with the comms team to coordinate and produce content and its dissemination (including editing podcasts and videos as well as any ad hoc graphic design)
- Help manage IofC UK’s social media accounts, scheduling posts and increasing engagement.
- Take responsibility for the development and management of the website, including making improvements to functionality, ensuring content is SEO optimised, maximising its potential and monitoring its performance.
- Re-establish and manage our google ad-words account.
- Produce a quarterly newsletter that goes out to our mailing list.
- Write and edit articles, blogs and thought leadership articles for the website.
- Research and write feature articles for our online magazine, Changemakers
- Use insights and analytics to inform and adapt content styles
- Support the Head of Communications in the delivery of the ‘Take One Step’ and other campaigns.
- Work alongside our creative agency and the comms team to generate new ideas on how to reach more people and partners.
- Manage the design, delivery and production of our annual report and review, as well as other ad-hoc marketing materials
- Increase the organisation’s profile across media, and with influencers and organisations
- Act as a spokesperson when necessary
- Develop relationships with target media representatives
- Write releases, articles and statements
- Respond to requests from the press for comments, views and supporting information and maximise opportunities for further engagement on relevant topics
Programme communications and event support
- Build an annual calendar of events that IofC staff should attend and present
- Logistical and practical support for internal teams planning IofC hosted events, including creating event flyers and promotion.
- Work with programme leads to deliver communications plans for each programme.
- Create and execute marketing strategies for our IofC Shop and Greencoat Place conference centre.
- Managing and updating the slack channel, and supporting colleagues from across the organisation to provide information, updates and stories.
- Oversee the management of Slack and Sharepoint (intranet)
- Working with the rest of the Communications team to ensure internal and external communications are aligned and planned accordingly
- To help coordinate the monthly outreach meeting.
- Tech lead for events (on rotation)
- Significant experience gained in one or more roles in communications, marketing or PR
- Knowledge and experience of delivering multi-channel media and social media/ PR campaigns which achieve positive results
- Experience of managing WordPress, MailChimp, Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Experience and understanding of social media, building engagement and a community
- Outstanding written communication and copywriting skills, ability to proofread. Ability to write for a wide variety of channels and audiences, adapting style and messaging appropriately
- Strong communication skills and effective stakeholder engagement skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A strong news sense and the ability to turn complex messages into clear engaging copy
- Ability to work independently on your own initiative but also as part of a team.
- Experience of working in an inclusive faith-based charity
- Understanding the principles of image copyright and data protection
Pay: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
Please send a CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the position as well as examples of published work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 10 July 2022 at 5pm. Shortlisted candidates who will be invited to an interview will hear back by Friday 15 July 2022. Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.